Friday, 1 July 2016

Third Sock Syndrome

I started making these pretty socks towards the end of May using a pattern called Schooner Socks from the book Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn. Others have made them too, without the bobbles, but they're part of the attraction for me, even if they're incredibly fiddly to make.

After what seemed like an age persisting with the leg, because of the bobbles, I was relieved to get on to plain stitches for the foot. However, to my dismay, I found when I tried the sock on to work out whether I was ready to start making the toe that I couldn't get the leg part over my heel. Aaaaaaargh. I guess I'm not the first person to have to frog a sock...

I wondered if I should just put the sock to one side and forget about it but found myself unraveling it and starting again. I was flagging a bit by the time I got to the second, or should that be the third, sock but forced myself to complete the pair.

The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in blue violet which I got earlier this year. It's really soft and lovely so it'll be interesting to see how hard wearing it is and whether it copes in my washing machine. I've already wound another colour of it in to a ball ready to choose another pattern. Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment