Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Leapfrog Socks

There's no second sock syndrome around here as I've finished my second pair of socks. OK so they're only basic ones but I think that I need to completely master basic before I embark on any bigger ideas. 


Like my first pair I made them on a small circular needle with Sirdar Heart & Sole yarn, this time called leapfrog. Thank goodness the colour is a lot less gaudy than the first pair.


I was a bit disappointed with the yarn first time around because I thought that there would've been much more random striping going on, rather than the thick equal bands which could've been achieved by simply changing yarn colours. I've obviously got a lot to learn about different types of self striping yarn.


Unlike my first attempt I didn't really have any mishaps whilst making this pair, but I didn't use Kitchener stitch to finish off the toes because I didn't like the way it stuck out a little at either side on my first pair. I knitted them together from the inside instead but have yet to wear them to see if the bulk bothers me, so I may not have ditched Kitchener for good.


I nearly managed to make a perfectly matched pair, but not quite. As I got closer towards the end of the toe of the second sock it became obvious that it just wasn't going to happen, but seen as toes are normally tucked inside some other form of footwear I suppose it doesn't really matter.


I think that I ought to make another pair of basic socks and then let myself loose in pattern land. Watch out sock world.

No comments:

Post a Comment