Monday, 14 March 2016

Ami Bunny

I've had my first go at amigurumi, how fiddly was that? Really really really fiddly but the bunny which I've made is just sooooooooooooooo cute that the fiddliness was worth it. 


I came across the free pattern on Ravelry, Spring Bunnies by Stephanie Jessica Lau, and followed it without any problems at all. It even includes a sweet little bobtail. Stephanie has added further information and pictures too to her blog, All About Ami


I made my bunny with a 2 mm hook and Boyes mercerised crochet cotton which I had left over from my Anabelia doilies


Rather than make the flower included in the pattern for the top of the bunny's head, I added a couple of bows instead. I just couldn't resist them when I was on a trip out to buy the eyes.


I've yet to decide whether to line the inside of the ears and the soles of the feet as Stephanie has done. I've already got some pink felt in a similar shade to the bows should I decide to do so. I think I'd use white embroidery thread to sew it on so that it coordinates with the spotty bows. We'll see.


There is another way of positioning the ears on this bunny so that they stick straight up in to the air just like the ears of the bunnies on the plates in the background of these pictures.


So I might just have to make this little ami bunny a mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment