Back in November I found a beautiful doily on a Spanish blog called Anabelia Craft Design. The page included a chart for the pattern which meant that I could make one too. I used a 2 mm hook and some Boyes 100% mercerised crochet cotton and I absolutely loved the result, so much so that I decided to make another one so that I've got a matching pair. Then Christmas got in the way and my obsession to learn how to make socks took over but I've finally finished making and blocking the second doily. Unfortunately I can't get my camera to pick up the colour of the cotton accurately, a girly pastel pink, so it looks much more muted in these pictures than in reality.
Thank you Anabelia for sharing this pattern, I think that I've just developed a new obsession - doilies.