Thursday, 28 January 2016

Dilly Dally Socks

Wow I made it all the way to the end, I made a whole pair of basic socks. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster clinging on for dear life as I climbed steep learning curves and then plummeted back towards a pit of despair each time I discovered to my horror that I had to try and knit backwards to correct yet another mistake. When I realised that I had to go back more than twenty rows my heart was in my mouth as I took to the needle and thread way of picking up one side of each stitch all the way around, unraveling backwards to that point and then trying to get all the stitches back on to the needle without losing any. I was so relieved that I managed to do it. I got really annoyed too when I found myself turning the second sock heel for a third time in order to get it completely right. I thought knitting was meant to be relaxing. I was finding it stressful but refused to give up. Perseverance eventually paid off and I was over the moon to finish the second sock. I'm even more delighted that I've managed to make a pair which match, as near as dammit.






I think that these socks are alright for a first attempt, if you don't look too closely at the ribbing, so much so that I've already started on another pair. I could become addicted to knitting socks if I'm not too careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment