Sunday, 30 August 2015

Flower Patches Blanket

I've finished putting together my flower patches which come from a pattern which I wrote about here and have used to recycle yarn from a previous disaster.


I'm really pleased with the end result because it's so much nicer than the badly crocheted blanket that I made last summer and started to unpick in June of this year.



I used a few bits of extra yarn which weren't in the original blanket just so that I could increase the number of colours used in it.


The squares were joined together in Stylecraft Special double knitting aster coloured yarn using double crochet.


I just love these little flowers and how much colour can be injected in to them.


For the border I added three rounds of trebles followed by # 3 from Edie Eckman's crochet borders book but on the final round I ran out of yarn.


I didn't want to start using newly bought yarn as the whole purpose behind this blanket was to recycle and use up what I'd got.


So I went back through my Edie Eckman crochet borders book and used # 21 instead.


Although it was fiddly at first to unpick my old blanket I got used to doing it so I've been looking around and wondering what I should unpick next?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, I was really pleased with how this turned out.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely ,your colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had lots of fun choosing the colours and thoroughly enjoyed making it.

      Delete