Sunday, 1 February 2015

Gaudy Grannies Flower Cushion

I quite like this so long as I don't look at the other side!

Cuppa Crochet

Cuppa Crochet

I've used up the remaining yarn from the granny stripe blanket plus some extremely loud bright pink that I couldn't bring myself to include in it.  I started by making some granny squares, adding the offending bright pink as a final round to each one to create a gaudy side of a cushion.

Cuppa Crochet

For the other side I made squares in the colours that I had left leaving out the bright pink.

Cuppa Crochet

I then wondered if I should mix the squares on both sides to include some gaudy and some calm?

Cuppa Crochet

I decided to make the gaudy side the back of the cushion (so nobody ever has to look at it) and the calm side the front by adding some pretty flowers to the latter.  I used more bright pink to join the squares together and border the cushion with #78 from Edie Eckman's Around the Corner Crochet Borders.

Cuppa Crochet

Cuppa Crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment